Friday, August 20, 2004

Aug 20

Today, Im in Tingo Maria (named after you Maria). I arrived yesterday after two days travel that was mostly on dirt roads. Its a scary feeling to drive down mountains on dirt roads with no guard rails. I road the Santa Peregrine bus, close spelling to my middle name. Im in the jungle and its hot. I thought it was suppose to be the middle of winter. Ive already been to the botanical gardens here. I saw monkeys, already. Ive been kind of wasting time. The tourist office here sucks. First, they don't speak English. Second, they couldn't really tell me were to find a guide. Third, when they found the guide; Thats when they were learning about how the jungle guides work. I don't think I need a guide except to keep me away from the cocaine farms. By the way, anyone up for a coke party?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home