Monday, August 23, 2004

aug 23

Happy birthday Dad. The jungle turned out to be a really bummer. Their idea of conservation is a few square yards around their popular tourist attractions- the cave, and the falls. If you continue on the trail beyond those points, it turns into slash and burn farm land. I definitely choose a poor location for the jungle experience. You always hear about rain forest being destroyed, but actually seeing happen is worse. There are many causes to the problem, but the one that runs circles in my mind is overpopulation. I had seen some of the most amazing butterflies the world has to offer. Sometimes, every few steps I took, another colorful butterfly would pass my line of sight. Tingo Maria is the place for the butterfly. I make less entries about August then any other month because I am desensitized to the life here. I need a new country or, maybe, Ill come home soon. I would hate to leave. I would rather be big shot here then another working stiff back home, but nothing last forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home